Rockingham, WA and Broome, WA
The WAPCYC is seeking a Trainer to deliver a Leadership program to their clients. This position is a casual position working 37.5 hours a week at either Broome or Rockingham PCYC.
Who we are:
Established in Western Australia in 1941, The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services: development (intervention) programs and recreational activities. We manage in excess of 50 PCYC Centres and Blue Light Units throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia, as well as a camp facility.
The primary purpose of this position will be to deliver and assess an accredited Leadership training program to identified youth at risk and to support and guide them to achieve their individual goals and objectives. The Trainer will have responsibility to plan course sessions, deliver courses, monitor participants' progression, manage participant attendance and assess participant competency.
We are currently looking for a Trainer for either of the below centres:
- Rockingham PCYC
- Broome PCYC
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment + TAELLN411 or equivalent (Essential)
- Demonstrated evidence of VET, Vocational and Industry Currency
- Experience working with and capacity to build relationships with young people, specifically at risk youth.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering instructional classes.
- Demonstrated experience in course/program coordination
- Experience in identifying and assessing learning gaps and developing programs to address these gaps.
- Strong communication and self-organisation skills
- Strong computing skills using a range of computer applications including Microsoft Office.
- You have or are willing to obtain a National Police Clearance and Working with Children's Check.
- L/R or H/R Drivers Licence (Desirable)
- Remuneration $30-$40 per hour plus super
- Employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
If you are interested in this position please apply via the below application form and please state which centre you wish to apply for in your cover letter.
Applications Close COB 23rd January 2018.
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.