Rockingham, Midland & Kensington, WA
The WA PCYC is seeking a Trainer’s Assistant to work on a causal basis and assist in the delivery of their Certificate I in Leadership Program at one of our Metro Centre’s.
Who We Are:
Established in Western Australia in 1941, The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services: development (intervention) programs and recreational activities. We manage in excess of 50 PCYC Centres and Blue Light Units throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia, as well as a camp facility.
The Trainer’s Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Program Trainer and assist in providing standard/specialised teaching and technical training, as part of the Centre’s Certificate I in Leadership.
The Trainer’s Assistant will be also be responsible for assisting in administrative and clerical duties for the training course at the Centre, supervision of a group of youth whilst also assisting them throughout the Leadership program, and being responsible for session setup and pack down.
We are currently looking to hire a Trainer assistant to either one of our Centre’s below:
- Rockingham PCYC
- Midland PCYC
- Kensington PCYC
- You will have a qualification (at least to Certificate III) in youth work, community development / welfare, human services or related discipline and/or significant work experience in youth work
- To have completed Year 12 or have an equivalent combination of relevant experience / training
- A trade qualification or experience. (desirable)
- Will have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Strong administration and computer literacy skills, with a range of computer applications including Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Experience and confidence in working with young people from culturally diverse backgrounds
- L/R or H/R Driver’s License (desirable)
- Employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice.
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
If you are interested in this position please apply via the below application form and please state which centre you wish to apply for in your cover letter.
For further information please contact the HR team at email@example.com or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 9 February 2018.
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.